Like all medications, ROGAINE® can cause some side effects. These effects are usually mild to moderate and some are more likely to occur with higher doses. We recommend that you read over the following information, to inform yourself about ROGAINE's® possible side effects.
Do not use ROGAINE® if you:
- Are less than 18 years old or female
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to any ROGAINE® ingredients
- Use other topical prescription products on the scalp
Do not apply ROGAINE® to your scalp if the skin is:
- Red or inflamed
- Painful to touch (such as occurs with severe sunburn)
- Broken or shaved
Stop using ROGAINE® and see your Doctor if you get:
- Chest pain or rapid heartbeat, as these may be signs of a serious adverse effect of the medication
- Faintness and/or dizziness
- Sudden, unexplained weight gain of 2.5kg (5 pounds) or more
- Swollen hands or feet
- Redness or irritation on treated areas of your scalp
- Unusual lesions (sores)
What factors may increase the risk of serious side effects with ROGAINE®?
ROGAINE® should be applied only to the scalp. The risk of side effects may be greater if it is applied to other parts of the body.
Register with the HEALTHY ESSENTIALS™ program today to gain exclusive access to high-value coupons, exciting contests and promotions,and helpful tips and tools to help you live YOUR BEST DAY, EVERY DAY™.
This site is published by McNeil Consumer Healthcare, division of Johnson & Johnson Inc. which is solely responsible for its content.
It is intended for visitors from Canada only.
Last updated: June 18th, 2008